Beijing Juyongguan Great Wall
The Name of Juyongguan Great Wall
The name “Juyong” first appeared in the Huainanzi, a philosophical work from the second century BC, following in a note: “The passport is one of nine large Juyong passports in the country.”
Juyongguan Great Wall Address: 216 Provincial Rd, Nankou county, Changping, Beijing, China
Juyongguan Great Wall Post code: 102202
Juyongguan Great Wall Phone: +86 10 69771665
Juyongguan Great Wall We: www.juyongguan.com
The Great Wall at Juyongguan Pass
The Great Wall at Juyongguan Pass, 20 km (12 miles) north of Changping County, about 60 kilometers (37 miles) from Beijing, a famous pass of the Great Wall of China. Appeared in the World Heritage List in 1987, it is a national cultural monument protection unit.
Set in a valley surrounded by mountains, Juyongguan Great Wall Pass has long been a military fortress. Already in the spring and Autumn Period (770BC-476BC) and Warring States period (476BC-221BC) built the fixtures is Yan State. In the Northern and Southern Dynasties (386-589), this section of the Great Wall of China was available. This pass as a natural barrier to the capital of the Yuan (1271-1368) and Ming (1368-1644) dynasties served. Therefore ordered immediately after the foundation of his reign, Zhu Yuan Zhang, the first emperor of the Ming Dynasty, the passport altered to protect the borders from intrusions of the Mongolian tribe. Many fierce battles were fought in Juyongguan Great Wall Pass.
The pass is nearly circular with a circumference of about 4142 meters (about 4530 meters). It consists of two runs, one in the south, one in the north, or as “Nan Kou” and “Badaling”.
Juyongguan Pass was known as Juyongguan Chinese.It in many different names in the past dynasties. But the name “Juyongguan” was used by more than three dynasties.It was first used in the Qin Dynasty when Emperor Qinshihuang ordered the construction of the Great Wall. Juyongguan Pass has two passes, one in the south and the north.
The Juyongguan Pass is nearly circular with a circumference of about 4142 meters (about 4530 meters). It consists of two runs, one in the south, one in the north, or as “Nan Kou” and “Badaling”. Now let us travel Juyongguan Great Wall Pass.
- Juyongguan Ming Tomb One Day Tour – Spring and Autumn Period, States princes to defend against the invasion of other countries, the construction of the beacon tower, and connected with the wall to form the first Great Wall. Almost all the kings after reinforcement upgrading the Great Wall.
- Beijing Golf Day Tour and Juyongguan Wall – Beijing International Golf Club has a total area of up to 1000,000 square meters, with a length of 6986 yard, 18 holes and par 72. As the first course in Beijing, it was opened in 1986. Many famous golf matches were held here. beijing Golf day tour at juyongguan great wall.
- Juyongguan Badaling Great Wall Day Tour – This Beijing Great Wall Tour: you will visit 2 great walls wth different features. Juyongguan Great Wall is steep than Badaling Great Wall and difficult to climb some stairs and are relatively higher.
- Juyongguan Great Wall Day Tour – Highlights of this Beijing Great Wall Tour: In front of about 0.5 km hill, stands a tall stone arch. Nineteen years of this Square Ming Jia Jing (1540). The structure of Shihfang six columns of five eleven floor, Square, 14 meters high, wide and 28.86 meter…
- Juyongguan Great Wall Half Day Tour – Juyongguan Great Wall built on a 15 km-long valley among the mountains on both sides overlap, lush trees, flowers are blooming, the scenery is magnificent, in the Jin Dynasty 800 years ago, it was listed as one of Yanjing Eight Top Attactions.
Juyongguan Great Wall Cloud Platform
In the middle of the Juyongguan Great Wall Pass a high platform is called “cloud platform” that is made of white marble. In the Yuan Dynasty, three stone towers were built on the platform.
At the end of the Yuan Dynasty, they were burned. Later a temple called “Tai’an” was built on the site, but it was during the reign of Emperor Kang Xi of Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), after which only the platform was burned. Within the platform is an arched door. On the walls of the door, the statues of the four heavenly gods and sutra scriptures are carved.
Juyongguan Great Wall Landscape
Great Wall at Juyongguan Pass is not only a military fortress, but also a beautiful scenic spot. Around the pass, beautiful flowers and lush trees dot the mountains. The area of Juyongguan was known in the 13th Century for its beauty, and was listed as one of the “Eight Great Sights of Yanjing.”
A gorgeous picture! As early as the Jin Dynasty (1115-1234), it was named as one of the eight most beautiful landscapes of Beijing.
Juyongguan Great Wall History
1. The resulting Juyongguan Pass was built in the Ming Dynasty. The Ming Great Wall, is no longer a simple high wall, but a rigorous recovery system. Many chinese cities and short walls were built in this important Dynasty.
2. In the Qing Dynasty, reconstruction or the Juyongguan Great Wall has been neglected.
3. In 1992 and 2000, Juyongguan Great Wall Pass was renovated.
Beijing Juyongguan Great Wall Travel Tip
Travel Juyongguan Grea Wall by Bus
- Bus No. 345 to Changping changing to the No. 20 public bus to Juyongguan Great Wall.
- Bus No. 919 shuttle bus at Desheng Men to Nankou town, change to the No. 20 public bus to the Juyongguan Great Wall. (06:30-18:30)
- Tourist Bus No. 1 at the northeast of Jianlou in Qianmen to Juyongguan Great Wall. (06:00-10:00)
- Tourist bus No.2 at Beijing Station to Juyongguan Great Wall . (06:00-10:00)
- Tourist bus No. 3 at Dongda Bridge to Juyongguan Great Wall (06:00-10:00)
- Tourist bus No. 4 at Beijing Zoo to Juyongguan Great Wall. (06:30-10:00)
Travel Juyongguan Grea Wall by Car
- Rent a car to Juyongguan Great Wall is a easy way for your Juyongguan Great Wall Travel
- Drive by yourself – From Badaling Expressway and the Juyongguan Pass Exit, to Juyongguan Great Wall.
Beijing Juyongguan Great Wall Travel Information
the following is some of Juyongguan Great Wall Travel information.
|Juyongguan Great Wall Admission Fee:||
45 RMB (April 1 – Oct.31); 40 RMB (Nov. 1 – March 31)
Juyongguan Great Wall Opening Time:
08:30 – 17:00
If you are not decide which section of the Beijing Great Wall to travel, you can see the following information.
More Great Wall Information
Great Wall Tour – The best way to Great Wall is by a great wall tour
Mutianyu Great Wall – The most beautiful Great Wall in Beijing.
Badaling Great Wall – The most popular Great Wall section in Beijing.